Saturday, March 10, 2007

On My Way Home

"I've always been fascinated with the place where the horizon meets the sea," said Miss Sally.

I'm back tomorrow. That's weird to write because I haven't actually left yet. I'll have loads to tell you about the wonders of Mull and the amazing adventures we had there.

This writing in advance malarky has been very strange as I haven't had the time to let the inspirations appear and then record them, as I usually would, so sometimes the whole thing has felt a little bit forced, but as long as you haven't noticed, I won't tell you.

I saw Heather before I left and she asked me about the blog.

"So there won't be any blog while you're gone?" she asked and I explained that I'd written the posts in advance and my gorgeous mother was going to post them for me.

We then had this conversation about how when I don't write the blog or I miss a post for some reason or another, I feel really guilty and someone in the course of the Missing Blog Day will always mention it.

"It has become part of my daily routine," H acknowledged.

"See? So when it's not there, people mention it....." I interrupted.

"No! No!" she explained, "I'm not trying to make you feel bad. I was just going to say that I don't always get time to look at all the links you post each day, so if I go to the blog and there's no new post, I start going though all the links. Otherwise, I'd miss them."

This is why I love my friends, many of whom are also my family. You know who you are, and you know how to make me see the beauty even in my mistakes.

See you soon. I don't have to have left yet to know that I've missed you.

No comments: