Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Techno confusion

A big thank you to Glenn, without whom there would be no blog tonight. Just after posting last night's blog, the internet on my computer took a trip to Loonyville Arizona and showed reluctant to come home to Sanity town. My living flashed before my eyes, as without my internet connection I don't professionally exist. Yes, I'm being melodramatic, but that's something like it felt.

I called Glenn, who knows things about techno-wik-wiki, and within two hours he arrived at my house and spent another couple of hours putting everything right. Internet Explorer doesn't work and the woman from Tiscali said I have a dun problem, though how she could tell just from my voice is anyone's guess.

So tonight I'm back online. Gratefully. Glenn and I stayed up stupidly late catching up, and he listened very patiently to me raving on about all things Earl Nightingale. I did not want to get up this morning, at all, and I missed tai chi with the gorgeous Lisa Clark. Why do late night's have such a price? I love staying up late, but hate not being able to get up in the morning.

Some great news though, Howard, who I mentioned in last night's blog is coming to England today! I'm hanging on the edge of my seat, all eagerness and excitement to see him. Howard is the boy-friend (as opp. boyfriend) that I have known the longest, we met when I was 19 and he's one of my best friends in the world. Literally. Based in Canada, he is out in the world, and I don't get to see half as much as I'd like, so it was great to hear Glenn announce he was here on our terra firma.

Today's Beautiful Things

1. Anticipation

2. Michael, singing in, and for, the morning rain, startling my sleepy journey like magic

3. Again, the rain, and a moment in the evening sun

No comments: