Saturday, November 25, 2006

The truth is rarely pure and never simple. Oscar Wilde

Don't forget to check out the catch-up posts that follow this one, making up for lost time, literally on Thursday and Friday. As I'm going out tonight to watch Jools Holland play at the Guildhall with his legendary big band, I thought it safest to blog now after the omissions of the last two days!

Another strange dream last night, this time about tiny green insects that were living under the skin on the soles of my feet - tell me it's just the silly amount of gin house doubles I consumed last night, please?

Gin is known as a depressant, but I rarely experience it this way at the point that I'm drinking, although it does often affect my moods the following day. Alcohol pretty much always does, though.

In order to counter this, today I am having a very gentle day, concentrating on being exceptionally nice to myself. I slept in late, have spent the morning blogging while listening to the soundtrack from Wicked. I couldn't resist it, I had to buy it yesterday and I suspect it will not leave my stereo for quite some time. I even cried this morning at two of the songs: I'm Not That Girl and For Good. I am so wildly sentimental.

Last week, the Chief shared a quote with me from Richard Bach, and this morning I got quite addicted to looking at Bach's work, which, if you're not familiar with it, usually involves spiritual and/or philosophical exploration. So, Bach is today's inspiration for:

Quotes of the day

The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the master calls a butterfly.

A professional writer is an amateur who didn't quit.


We're all the sons of God, or children of the Is, or ideas of the Mind, or however else you want to say it.


"There is no problem so big that it cannot be run away from."...

"You're quoting Snoopy the dog, I believe?"

"I'll quote the truth wherever I find it thank you."


Don't be dismayed at goodbyes. A farewell is necessary before you can meet again. And meeting again, after moments or lifetime, is certain for those who are friends.


That's what learning is, after all; not whether we lose the game, but how we lose and how we've changed because of it and what we take away from it that we never had before, to apply to other games. Losing, in a curious way, is winning.


We're the bridge across forever, arching above the sea, adventuring for our pleasure, living mysteries for the fun of it, choosing disasters triumphs challenges impossible odds, testing ourselves over and again, learning love and love and LOVE!

Today's Beautiful Things

1. Happy tears before breakfast

2. Thinking of love

3. Kit-Kat in her dungarees!

No comments: