Saturday, December 30, 2006

Deceitful Rain

Today's image is taken from Black and White, which is also the Read of the Day.


Read of the Day

Black & White: photography from the Chesapeake watershed

I must confess myself to be a huge fan of the photo-blog. Much less wordy that us wordsmiths are, the central message of the day is conveyed through one shot, one image.


What I like especially about Black and White - which I found entirely by chance while doing an image search for the word gibbous on Google - apart from the hauntingly good images (check out 7521 miles from Bethlehem, his Christmas Day post), is that occasionally Bill Emory will do a little bit of both show and tell.

Go to this page in his archive and scroll down to the entry for September 26th. Read this post, which is the first contact I had with his site, about his father's death. This is one of the most beautiful things I've read in 2006.


Tomorrow we head for Devon for the New Year, to stay in gorgeous cottage in Lynton/Lynmouth. On one hand I'm disappointed not to be travelling down today and staying longer, but on the other, I'm rather relieved not to have any expectations of myself with a hangover either!

I've spent the most relaxing first day of my holidays recovering from a hangover. I've been reading Banksy's Wall and Piece, which I highly recommend for your daily shot of urban subversion. Then I decided to update my Links List on The Daily.

When I went to the site, I saw a button that said 'Customise' and I fell down the rabbit-hole into a bit of an Alice in Wonderland experience. Turns out you can do all sorts of cool stuff to your blog, so while I was doing the links........

....I changed everything else as well. In fact, I spent a couple of hours doing just that. I hope you like the new and improved Daily as a result, and apologies that some of the past posts are now a little bit difficult to read, but it will all come out in the wash.

Customising the Daily was almost as much fun as customising Google, but as Blogger doesn't have Frogger (ooh, that's nice...), then Google just wins.

I'm a bit nervous about my twenties style phone-ins of the blog that I have planned while in Devon, but you never know until you try.

Today's Beautiful Things

1. Sleeping late (all the Dr Hook fans go: Doo doo dooo doo doo doo!)


2. Rainy mornings and a mist over the sea


3. Dark falling early

1 comment:

emory said...

sarah- thanks for the kind words about black and white, words like those keep me going! best regards-bill