Saturday, April 7, 2007

Singing the caberet blues

Purple Rain by Clare E. Rojas (2006)
This is how I feel when the writing isn't going too well....

Check out the profile of Clare E. Rojas on BBc's interactive magazine Collective, here. Make sure you have a look at the Gallery of her images. I don't know much about art...

You can also preview the new Maximo Park album in this month's edition of Collective, which made me twice as determined to buy it when those cheques in the post clear.

The Queer Up North programme have some great caberet and comedy acts playing right now. I discovered Taylor Mac, my new favourite ukelele artiste, tonight. Funny and raw and full of feeling, here's But I Loved Him.

Taylor Mac - But I Loved Him

Add to My Profile | More Videos

Let me know what you think.

2 comments:

Pablo NYC said...

If you, or anyone else, want to join Taylor's UK e-mail list, drop me a line at prez@paullucasproductions.com.

Paul (Taylor's Manager)

Anonymous said...

Brilliant way to start Bank Holiday Monday, laughing-Loving Taylor and his funky nipples!