Sunday, January 7, 2007

Today's Trouble

Today's image is NASA's Image of the Day and depicts the Dunes on Mars

I finally got around to visiting my MySpace today after spending the afternoon engaged in some serious paperwork archiving of bank statements, insurance documents, payslips and even scraps of old poems (quite a lot of those, actually - when will I stop writing bad poetry about my last relationship when I'm drunk?).

I was really glad that I'd finally gotten round to checking MySpace because there were a truckload (read handful) of messages from people on there that had been waiting months for me to read.

First, was a message from the writer, Kenneth Harvey, whose book The Town That Forgot How To Breathe haunted me during my Stateside Trip to California this summer. He wanted to thank me for mentioning his book on my site! I was so chuffed I squeaked a few times at high volume. Of course, THTFHTB is today's Read of the Day. Handy, that.

Then I got a message from the lovely guy from Costalots in Waterstones, who I gave the blog's address to a few months ago, when I was in there with the Chief. During a brief conversation, he mentioned a quote that he couldn't quite remember, in response to me mentioning that "if you want to make God laugh, you shold tell him your plans." The quote was from Matthew 6:34:

"Do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will bring worries of its own. Today's trouble is enough for today."

Isn't that beautiful? There was also a message from the talented and ever-travelling photographer, Laurel of ColdPhoto thanking me for mentioning her blog a few months ago on The Daily - how cool is that? So I've added ColdPhoto to the Daily Links section, which, I hope you've noticed, is ever growing for your pleasure, as t'were.

So, all in all, it's been a perfect Returning to Work Eve, which is just what I've needed. I'm planning to spend the rest of the evening with a bottle of red and X-FM's Mix session - Eddy Temple-Morris is today's favourite thing.

Three Pertinent Questions

1. Why are all the pretty, interesting boys so damn young?


2. Why didn't I choose to make my mark on the world as a famous DJ in the mix?

3. If I had a DJ name, what would it be?


(Matt - you are excluded from this competition because the name DJ Tool doesn't count and neither does DJ Ginger, DJ Shorty or DJ Munchkin, and if you're even thinking DJ OompaLoompa, I will post bad pictures of you on the InterWeb)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

HAH! No worries matt, she forgot to exclude me!!!

How about

1. DJ Beverley Craven
2. DJ Your weirdest choice of friend was Cat
3. DJ librarian
or my personal fave
4. DJ Tom Bloody Baker!

Dill.xxx

Anonymous said...

1. DJ "What's up there"
2. DJ "I can't reach that"
3. DJ "My head is round like small ginger pea"
4. DJ "I'm too short to go on rides at Alton Towers and other such theme parks without a consenting adult to ensure i am strapped in safely and am within Health and Safety guidelines"
5. DJ "I have Hobbit feet"
6. DJ "I wee when i laugh"
7. DJ "You Tube!"
8. DJ "sTool"
9. DJ "Sausage fingers"
10. DJ "Don'y hassle the Hoff!!"